- Consider selling your book on craigslist. It's free! The best times to post your book are just before people get paid--i.e., Friday mornings and the 15th and 30th.
- Promoting your book on social media? Make your posts just after breakfast, when most people are checking into Facebook or Twitter to start their days.
- Put book club discussion questions on your website--it's a great tool for marketing your book to book clubs.
- Having difficulty reaching editors or reporters? Try contacting freelancers. They get bombarded less.
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, and Pinterest are all ways to market your work through your existing social network--and they're free!
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Looking for ways to market your book? Here is some advice from author and IWC member Meggie Tolkland.