Writers' conferences increase a writer's skills and confidence, provide networking opportunities, and may include meetings with editors and agents. The beginning of the year is a good time to select the writers' conferences you plan to attend.
There are many good choices throughout the country, but this post will focus on the ones held in Indiana.
Here is a short list of conferences scheduled in Indiana during 2013. They are arranged by conference date.
- Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, a Multi-State Conference, May 3-5 in Fort Wayne. For more information, see www.indianascbwi.com/events.html.
- Indiana University Writers' Conference, May 26-31 in Bloomington. For more information, see www.indiana.edu/~writecon/.
- Midwest Writers Workshop, July 25-27 in Muncie. For more information, see www.midwestwriters.org/about/.
- American Christian Fiction Writers Annual Conference, September 12-15 in Indianapolis. For more information, see www.acfw.com/conference.
- Indianapolis Christian Writers Conference, November 1-2 in Indianapolis. For more information, see www.indychristianwritersconf.com. This website does not currently include information on the 2013 conference, including conference dates, but it is routinely held on the first week-end in November.